The original fort was made from clay, timber, and bamboo, and used by the Portugese as a trading depot.
In 1619 Aceh sent over a fleet, destroyed the fort and ousted the Portugese.
The fort was rebuilt again but only to be destroyed again by the Bugis in 1770.
Francis Light took over and evicted the Bugis. The fort was reinforced again with the help of imported Indian labor in 1780. The Siamese attacked and destroyed the fort AGAIN in 1838.
This spot is the closest we get in looking for a "beach".