Monday, October 30, 2023

Kenji Chai @ Chaigo

This Kenji Chai's graffiti art page will be updated from time to time… 
whenever I find another of his artwork! 

Found some more of Chaigo at Ah Quee Street, Penang, and around that area!







Lebuh Ah Quee

Kenji Chai and Ernest Zacharevic collaborated in painting the SLIDE.
41 Jalan Buckingham

It is actually at the junctions of Campbell Rd, Carnavon Rd and Buckingham Rd. Diagonal from the old Campbell Market.

Slide by Kenji and Ernest

Susu Vegan Mylkbar, Penang

That’s right! Went hunting for Chaigo all the way to Penang. Was fun! Need another few trips to hunt for more.

Chaigo mural on a wall in Susu Vegan

Susu Vegan

Enroute to Susu Vegan… Chaigo led the way!




Chaigo sticker on drain cover in Bukit Bintang crossroad!

Bukit Bintang

Bukit Bintang

Lorong Panggung, walking towards the market. 

I’m always on the look out for Chaigo when I am around Petaling Street. This one looks new!

Unexpectedly, found this Chaigo off Jalan Panggung in Chinatown. Was with my parents walking around this area for a bit. My parents were reminiscing the old Chinatown and today’s “new” one. 
Chaigo turned my hot grumpy day into a smiley one!




Believe it or not but this Chaigo was by a road in Taman Desa! I saw it first time around, turned back but no place to park so I had to do a quick video as cars were following me quite closely. Ok lah, visible enough lah. 
Adoi, there’s a bag of rubbish some wonderful human had thrown there. A very realistic prop!

Spotted this Chaigo when I was driving along Old Klang Road. Actually got a glimpse of the color and wonder whether it was him so I U-turn to take a second look.
It sure was!!!

Old Klang Road

Old Klang Road

Loved Chaigo at Kampung Attap. He sure looks extra handsome when newly painted. 

A collaboration between Gus Eagleton @ Instaguss and Kenji  Chai 
~ painted Jefr, another fellow graffiti artist in KL. 

See Chaigo!

Yupp, that’s Chaigo in Kampung Attap. 

Kampung Attap 

Revisited Kampung Attap (Nov 2023) to take better pics of Chaigo!

Adoiii… of all places, look who I spotted?
TWO Chaigos!
This was when I was driving from Summit USJ to PJ, came down the bridge, approaching Federal Highway. 

Subang to Federal Highway

Look who I found on a wall at Jalan Panggung, Petaling Street? That’s Chaigo! Well the top of his head had been chopped off but that cheeky nose and tongue… I’d recognize him anywhere!!!

Section 13, before Columbia Asia Hospital PJ

MGB Malaysia Grand Bazaar @ Bukit Bintang City Centre 
(Next to Lalaport)

Tropicana Gardens Mall

Tropicana Gardens Mall

Came back to Black Tap at Sunway on a gloomy morning to retake this wall of art. No sun kacau! Cantik now. 

Black Tap

Black Tap, Sunway Pyramid Resort

Haiyaaaa, the morning sun kacau!!!

Black Tap

Black Tap

Federal highway, from KL to PJ, just after the old EPF building.

Federal Highway, KL to PJ

Section 17 PJ


Jalan Utara PJ

Jalan Utara PJ

The Red Hotel

Kenji Chai's tallest mural at The Red Hotel earning him a place in the Malaysia Book of Records. Kenji painted on this 25 storey building in 2018, with the title "Courage to Dream".

Red Hotel

Red Hotel

KFC 5 Barat (Next to PJ8)

KFC 5 Barat

KFC Sea Park

KFC Sea Park

KFC Sea Park

KFC Sea Park

Sea Park

Sea Park

Sea Park

On the way to Cheras

Federal Highway
From PJ to KL side

13 October 2023 ~ GMBB

I was at GMBB for the Telur Pecah exhibition and looked out for Chaigo. Couldn’t find him. As I was about the leave this place, coming out of the car park from the side of GMBB, there was Chaigo!

I only knew about our local artist Kenji Chai only now 🫣 Came across an article written about him and Chaigo caused me to think… where have I seen this cheeky dog?

Read on about Kenji and OMG he hails from Sandakan, Sabah. My beautiful Sabah! And, the beautiful mural drawn on Wisma Sabah was by him. Oh how shameful I felt. I had admired that mural for so long but never bothered to observe his name by the side. 

Then I remembered where I’ve seen Chaigo. Kampung Atap!!! True enough I had taken a pic of it. 

I am now on a Chaigo mission 🤣
 
I drive around PJ now with an extra eye for Chiago!

GMBB

GMBB

GMBB

Nov 2022 Kampung Attap, KL

This was where I first saw Chaigo when I explored Kampung Attap for the first time. 































 

No comments:

Post a Comment