Sunday, March 1, 2015

Orchids

Many orchids exhale different kinds of fragrances - from wonderfully sweet odors with a hint of chocolate right to stinky acrid smells!

Did you know that the lip of an orchid flower is where each unique fragrance is produced?
Why?  Simple! It is to attract specific types of pollinators.

Delicate thoughts, strong creativity, perseverance, beauty and strength. Gentle on the outside but with strong inner resilience.

In a gentle way you can shake the world - Mahatma Gandhi - 

Happy New Year my friends. Welcome to the Year of the Goat 2015. Can't believe this year my first entry is only now in March. Better late than never. Thank you my friends, old and new, for constantly following my blog and messaging me.  You always give me great encouragement and inspiration in your own unique way. I am tying in the characteristics of a beautiful orchid to a cute gentle goat for this entry. I see similarities in personalities and goodness, both depict softness and hardiness at the same time. A gentle start, with deep cravings for a better tomorrow, for you and I....

You and I ... and every one else... with our diversity of dreams and visions for our future, let us set out in gentleness yet with an inkling of stubbornness; good stubborn! I prefer to call it DETERMINATION!
I can't be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it - Maya Angelou -

My wish: Be determined to go through all kinds of "fragrances" that life emits.  Yet, be passionate in our pursuits.  Even though roads ahead may not be all gloriously paved,  may our walk in sacrifices and love be meaningful and rewarding in the end.
Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun. Care for those around you. Look past your differences. Their dreams are no less than your, their choices no more easily made. And give, give in any way you can, of whatever you possess. To give is to love. To withhold is to wither. Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace - Kent Nerburn -

No comments:

Post a Comment