Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Portulaca

The Portulaca, also known as the Japanese Rose, are miniature beauties. Although these little roses look vulnerable, "strength" is their middle name! 

This month turned out to be such a pleasant one! Just last weekend, I enjoyed a mini reunion with cousins from California and London. Have not met them for donkey years so it was wonderful to catch up again.
Cousins are different beautiful flowers in the same garden


These lovely Portulacas are perfect symbols of my cousins. Hardy, adaptable, colorful, and very loving! We grew up together and now we live in different countries. Even though we don't see each other often, the minute we got together, it was like childhood all over again! 
A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost
 - Marion C. Garetty -

The bond we share, to me is dear
When we are together, I have no fear
Special cousins, dearest friends
My deepest love and appreciation, I hope to send
Through that many joys and many tears
Do know you are always in my heart, throughout the years


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to catch up with your family Jo. Hope they enjoy this wonderful tribute to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Anonymous! (Who are you?) It was a great reunion of love.

    ReplyDelete