Thursday, February 18, 2010

Auganthus

A bluish purplish mystery flower...at least to me as I have no information whatsoever on this flower. Yet, I have had these "blue ribbons" in my garden for a few years now and they have always been a joy to watch. They fascinate me because they only have 2 petals and they wilt as easily as they grow. My Auganthus patch is never without flowers...never! Whether it rains or storms or during a long dry spell, there are always a few flowers ready to wave cheerfully.
Guess we can learn a thing or two from this mystery flower. Surprisingly, it's not very well-known throughout the world - even my Danish friend (my flower mentor) who has a vast knowledge of flowers has not seen nor heard of this particular flower. Yet, these blue ribbons are so determined and resilient in their own little way; not to be famous but to live to the fullest every type of day that they face.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)

Depending on where the sun ray hits the petal, this ribbon will somehow change its shade. It can vary from deep blue to almost light purplish. But mostly, they look blue to me. I love the colour blue; in all shades. It's the coolest colour. It's the colour of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality for me. It's soothing and calm.
Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed. (Corita Kent)
Blue skies filled with hope and hearts filled with peace, once...
For I had you to kiss, to touch, to hold...
Sitting on the rocks, gazing at the ocean and its wonder...
A constant reminder of dreams that never came true for us...
As my cold blue hands yearns for your single touch of warmth...

1 comment: