Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunset Hibiscus

The Sunset Hibiscus, also known as the Okra Flowers or the Musk Mallow. You don't even wanna know what it's really called...Abelmoschus Manihot...so not pretty!!!
This plant is totally edible. Yupp...edible leaves, edible flowers, edible seedpods...in fact the seeds could be toasted, ground and used as a substitute for coffee.......NOOOOOOOOOT my taste, that's for sure!!!! However, its leaves are known to be the world's most nutritious leafy vegetables because of its high protein content!!! Believe me?

I love the pale lemony petals, blotched right in the middle with deep maroon. Somehow, this flower appears happy and smiley on the oustide, yet in the inside, it has deep faraway thoughts. An outgoing flower but with a tinge of mystery. Hmmm...

Sunset Thoughts:

Listening to Westlife's "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You"...
Brings me back to 1987...when I was just sweet sixteen. I was playing the organ and he was on the drums. I was doing a solo with this very song, with the drums as my accompaniment. We had practised almost every weekend for the past 2 months, getting ready for an annual concert. Our music teacher believed we were a great team. I looked forward to practise every single time. I could play that song blindfolded, haha...but playing with him was a different world altogether. We jelled well when we were on stage; both completely lost in our music. Well...he might be lost in the music but I was definitely lost in his eyes!!! When we played together, I could daydream right then and there. Always wondered how it would be to walk hand-in-hand by the beach, just enjoying the sunset together...thanks to the lyrics!!!

"Our dreams are young and we both know...they'll take us where we want to go..."

It's been over 20 years now. Haven't seen or heard from him ever since those beautiful days together. Whenever I see a beautiful sunset, he will come to mind. Never will I forget that we had been romancing our souls...with our song :)

We can't have everything together but together, we have everything. (Anonynous)


No comments:

Post a Comment