Thursday, April 29, 2010

Red Powder Puff

Red is HOT! Red...one of my favourite colours for the night. Passionate. A mixture of nice and naughty. Perspiration....*grin*....raise of high blood pressure...*chuckles*...ooh la la!
Ladies & Gentlemen...may I present to you *drumrolllllll*....The Red Powder Puff tree!
From far, these seeds do look like raspberries. But when I went nearer, I could not help but admire the cuteness of them. They actually look good enough to eat!
A wilted powder puff...still looking pretty attractive with its curly look...hehe!
Native to the tropical regions, this flower loves the hot hot sun :) Loves to be outside - SHOW OFF!!! Seriously, don't you think it's a playful-looking flower? I tell you, it flirts with everyone or thing....wasps, bees, birds, butterflies and even squirrels (they love the berries!). Ohhh...my neighbour's dog LOVES the powder puff...he eats the flowers HAHAHA!!!

The Red Powder Puff is also known as Calliandra...and Calliandra comes from the Greek words "kallos"meaning beauty and "andros" meaning stamen.
Notice the leaves? Its cleft or divided into leaflets. Interesting enough, the leaves close at night!

I looked up at what "powder puff" actually meant! LOL..."used of competitive activities in which only women take part". Oh my..."a powder-puff football"...Hmmm, I was thinking..."a powder-puff gladiator game?" *chuckles*
Why do they associate powder puff to women? I know a few men who powder puff their faces too *grin*....honest!
Thoughts:
The photo above shows exactly how I feel today. Today is my first day of freedom after a painstaking 3 months of teaching practicals and piles & piles of written work that went along with it. I am officially on a whole month's break...such a heavenly feeling :) Such a super duper heavy burden lifted off my shoulders when I went to the university yesterday and handed in every single file and report to my supervisor/lecturer. It's quite hard to believe that that phase of my life is over. Sweet and bitter memories...
I feel like powder-puffing my face and celebrate! It's about time that I am sane again....ohhh and not forgetting playful, naughty, flirty, and looking hot again *big grin*

He conquers who endures (Perseus)

No comments:

Post a Comment