Saturday, January 16, 2016

I miss you

This road trip was by 3 girlfriends, 2 years ago. Today, I miss all of you. I miss my girls. I miss home. I miss the cool air. I miss the beautiful flowers. I miss the laughter. I miss the pigging out. I miss it all. One day... we will have ourselves another road trip.

Kathleen and Nicole...and oh there's me too!

Nicole and I - Kundasang War Memorial. Established in 1962 to commemorate the brave Australian and British prisoners of war who died in Sandakan and during the infamous death marches to Ranau during World War II. The memorial is made up of 4 gardens - the Australian Garden, the British Garden, the Borneo Garden, and the Contemplation of Garden and Pool. Most of the flower pictures in this blog entry were taken in this memorial.

We decided to take a road trip to Kundasang one Monday. It would be quieter. It would be just us and nature. It would be a relaxing trip for us.  And, we needed that break. Less people around. Less noise. Less pollution....LOL.

The flowers were beautiful. The leaves looked fresh. The trees seemed richer. There were only us who disturbed them with our cameras! I had all the time in the world to photography them and it was plain luxury. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I did....but nothing beats enjoying them upfront and personal.


Missing someone is a part of loving them.



Thoughts of you are always in my heart



I miss you like stars miss the sun in the morning skies.



Missing you in all paths of my life.



Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends and family at a distance. 



Absence makes the heart grow fonder.



It is never the same without you girls.



Thank God for WhatsApp!!!!!!!!!!



Days always seemed crazier with you girls around!



I can only imagine when we see each other again.... EARTHQUAKE!!!

I wish you well a thousand times each day in my heart.



Life is beautiful yet strange. People we love, we can't keep forever. Somehow, some way, we have to let go. We have our own paths to follow. We have our dreams to achieve. We only have to keep each other in our hearts and remember the good ole times. Thankful and grateful for those good ole memories. But, always with a hope and prayer, that one day we will surely meet again. Maybe once...maybe more...but until that moment, life goes on. Most importantly, people whom we love are happy and well. For I know when they love life, life will love them back.


No comments:

Post a Comment