Thursday, June 29, 2017

Armenian Street, George Town

The famous Armenian Street is one street every visitor should take a look  - George Town Unesco World Heritage Site. It started from the 19th century where an Armenian family resided. The picture above is one of the iron wall caricatures which can be found all over the streets. I personally prefer good ole street painting so a huge thanks to Lithuanian artist Ernest Zacharevic who contributed his talent, passion and time to beautify George Town in his own artistic way.


Armenian street is filled with little charming shops that sells antiques and souvenirs. Small cafes can be found here and there too.











Ernest Zacharevic's designs all over George Town. Love them. Most of them have started to fade but visitors are still pretty enthusiastic about them. I am!









Nicole, my daughter, was rather tickled to drink fresh coconut juice out of a plastic bag!

I thoroughly enjoyed my walk although the sun was unkind. Thank goodness for fresh juices at every corner. Armenian Street is one unique place which I will love to visit again. This time, I will spend a whole day there so that I can visit each little quaint store and browse its goodies. There are also little museums and temples and cafes....okay I need to go back soon!

For those who love street art and have yet to visit Penang, here is the link for the street art map. Make it easier for you to hunt for the art. I have missed out on some as I had to fight for time, nevertheless, this is a really helpful map.

http://www.tourismpenang.net.my/pdf/street-art-brochure.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment