Monday, May 24, 2010

Frangipani

Plumeria Alba, although I prefer the name Frangipani, is one flower of beauty, charm and grace. It represents spring and new life. Can't believe this flower dates back to the Mayan civilisation, and they believed back then that this beauty symbolizes life and birth of human beings.
I first heard of the name Frangipani a few years back, when I made a trip to Bali. Bali is a haven for body massages and I had Frangipani oil all over my body. Fell in love with the fragrance and being so relaxed afterwards.

A little history: The name Plumeria came from the honorable 17th-century French botanist, Charles Plumeira. The name Frangipani birthed from a noble Italian family, a 16th-century marquess of which invented a plumeria-scented perfume.

Here in Malaysia, this strong-scented beauty is also as The Graveyard Flower. These trees are commonly found around cemeteries; believed to offer protection and shelter.
You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. NOW. (Joan Baez)

It's been a tough week for me. I lost a friend last Sunday. It was especially difficult for me because this is a friend whom I have never met in person before...always wanted to but never had the chance...always thought that that one day would come...assumed that there's plenty of opportunities in the near future...and now that one day is gone forever. I could not believe that I had to 'meet' him for the very first time in the funeral home.
Death ends a life, not a relationship. (Jack Lemmon)


When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. (Anonymous)

Memories...
Six years ago, I was honoured to have been in the life of a very special young boy named Jonathan. Jon came into this world with lots of challenges...he was born was a 'blue boy' (had a hole in his heart) and obviously, along with that, came many more health obstacles. Doctors confirmed that he would only be able to live until age 2. Nevertheless, God allowed Jon to live 11 wonderful years in this world. He was one cheerful boy. His mom made sure that he lived to the fullest; home tutoring, junkfood and computer games!!!
I remembered a few days before he passed away. He was hospitalized; he needed to have surgery and he wanted so much to have a Nemo to hug. I made sure he had one specially air-flown from the city. Nothing could make me happier watching him smile when he saw me carrying the Nemo towards him :) Jon died a few days after, just before his 12th birthday. His mom made sure that Nemo accompanied him in his coffin.
Death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity (Mother Teresa)

No comments:

Post a Comment