Saturday, May 1, 2010

Arabian Jasmine

Look into my eyes and what do you see? ME. Looking at you, my love.
(a memorable quote from Arabian Nights)

The Arabian Jasmine, a member of the 200 types of Jasmine flowers, was once the "Queen of Flowers" in the ancient times. Famous for its sensual fragrance and beauty and its connection to love. From jasmine oil to jasmine-scented sheets; used in love sachets and in teas & concoctions...these flowers have kept its identity until today

These white beauties blooms all year round with its maximum fragrance only released after sundown, especially during a full moon night. Mmmm...soothing peaceful feeling.


White...is not a mere absence of colour; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red and as definite as black...God paints in many colours; but He never paints so gorgeously as when He paints in white. (G K Chesterton)


Plants that wake when others sleep. Timid Jasmine buds that keep their fragrance to themselves all day, but when the sunlight dies away let the delicious secret out to every breeze that roam about. (Thomas More).

Noticed this little fellow was quietly spending its morning under the shade of a petal. Curious, I stooped down to its level and looked upwards...to my surprise, I saw....*grin*

Sweet dating...
And another...
*Chuckling*
Talk about the connection of Jasmines and LUVVVVVVVVVV...
Then I realized (after I tried counting) that there were more than 10 couples having their mornings huggles!! Oh my...how sweet. Can't help noticing that all of them hugged the same way...is that their missionary style???!!!

Thoughts...
What a beautiful morning. The first day of May. Sun was shining brightly. There was a slight cool breeze which was quite nice and rare. As it was a public holiday today (Labour Day), I slept in...but not for long. Couldn't help but wake up and take a peek at my garden. WOW! Flowers were happily blooming at every corner. So I made my cup of coffee and together with my camera, I spent my morning in the garden. Yes I am a sucker when it comes to white flowers, my all-time favourite colour!! Jasmines make me happy as I love its fragrance. Soooo sweet. So here's my wish to all of you...with so much beauty around us...enjoy the beautiful season of spring and do take to smell the flowers. It will give you some peace and happiness, and that's great when you have that every day of your lives, isn't it?

Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul. (Luther Burbank)

No comments:

Post a Comment