Friday, August 5, 2011

My 40th Birthday

TODAY I am 40 and feeling fabulous!!!

We turn not older with years, but newer every day. (Emily Dickinson)

The white rose...my favourite-st flower in the whole world!!! The symbol of new beginnings...friendship, respect, hope...and most important of all...a symbol of true love.

As it is difficult to find white roses here where I live, I have decided to share with you some of my favourite flowers.

Today's theme is WHITE...my favourite colour of all; a colour of elegance :)))
White daisies are a symbol of loyal love...

Specially dedicated to my friends who knows me in and out...always believing in me when I have my doubts.

White lotus symbolizes spiritual perfection...

Spiritual is what I feel at times but far far far from perfection!!!!!

Gardenia symbolizes sweet love...

Dedicated to my daughter, Nicole...who has given me nothing but sweet & loving memories.

Arabian Jasmines are pure seduction...

*GRIN*

Frangipani carries feelings of peace and tranquility...

For the life I have all these years, thank you Lord :)

Purple & white trumpet flower represents success and pride...

For recent graduations and a new job that I love and look forward to every morning.

Orange Jasmines brings confidence and passion for life...

Are what I hope to give my students in their lives :)

Bleeding hearts...passionate love, strength and desire...mmmmm ;)

For all of us to carry on with our lives.

Thoughts:

Instead of counting candles or tallying the years,
I contemplate my blessings as my birthday is here,
Considering special people who love me and who cares,
And others who have enriched my life just by being there,
Thinking about the memories...passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small that have made me who I am.
Another year is a glorious gift, so I will cut my cake and say
"Instead of counting birthdays, I'd rather count my blessings every day!"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    Happy Birthday.
    If only we all had some of your wonderful insight
    You are very special

    xxx

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. hyeee miss jo ann ! i'm one of your student, public speaking. happy birthday miss ! 40 but u look like 20. really beautiful. may God bless you always. love you :)

    - AhLynn Yaniee Nz @ Yaniee -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo-Ann I love and appreciate all the work that was put forth in this site. I really enjoy the photos and all that goes with it. I will visit often for sure. :-) Mike

    ReplyDelete