Sunday, July 9, 2017

Black Petunia


Black. The color of mystery and mortality. The color that makes women look slimmer yet older. The color that reminds the world of slavery and racism. Yet, to clothing designers, it styles, designs and affirms. What an enigma!
The Black Petunia is even more puzzling. Petunias are a symbol of anger and resentment! Surprised? So, a Black Petunia sounds like satan!!!
Black and white are the colors of photography. They symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected. (Robert Frank)
The ancient Egyptians associate the color black with good. It provides protection against death and evil. The ancient Germanic tribe worships  ravens and crows, birds that they regard as sacred. 
The Romans were the ones who started the associated of black with evil.  It was the color of mourning for the Romans for which it carried on until today where black is linked to death, evil, witches, and magic.
Power and elegance... humility and submission...
I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest. (Henry David Thoreau)
Formality and authority... sophistication and strength
Each of us is a unique strand in the intricate web of life and here to make a contribution. (Deepak Chopra)


I've been 40 years discovering that the queen of all colors was black. (Pierre-Auguste Renoir)
I found this black beauty in one of the flower gardens in Cameron Highlands. I just stood and stare. Felt it. Gazed at it. Whispered at it. And stole its heart!

Different, odd, special
Just like the Black Petunia
Unique in color and stands out in the garden
What are its thoughts, if it has any?
Why am I black?
Why are people talking about me and staring at me?
Am I weird?
I am differently unique
I am oddly unique
I am specially unique
I am me!


No comments:

Post a Comment