Monday, July 10, 2017

Jade Vine

One glance...
Unusual not to take a second
It is weird; it is striking
It is bizarre yet beautiful
The color mesmerizes
Is it blue; is it green
No, wait, is it grey
The ocean comes to mind
Turquoise waves brings a smile to rhyme
Ahhh...our beautiful life.                        
                                        (Jo-Ann Tan)            

May I present to you the magnificent Jade Vine or Turquoise Jade Vine.
I first spotted this in Cameron Highlands and O M G I just stood and stared.
"What in the world is that?" I wondered.
Then it was....Why this shape? Which are the leaves? Are they edible?
Finally it was... God, you are great! Such magnificent shades of blues and greens.

This flower is still a mystery to me. Where did it get the name "Jade"? Why "Jade"? At certain angles, this flower looked greyish blue. Other angles, they looked greenish-blue. When the sun shines on it, it looks like a sparkling ocean. Nothing at all like Jade. At least not the traditional green Jade that I am familiar with, from ancient China.
More than anything, I must have flowers always, always. (Claude Monet)

I would love to see how Monet sees these beauties in his paintings. He had a unique way of capturing colors and lights of his flowers. His Impressionist brushstrokes would definitely bring life to these already beautiful corpses!

This striking vine is a member of the peas and beans family! Really!!
They hail from the rainforest in the Philippines. Pollinated by our little black feathered winged friends, the Bats.

Some countries calls them the Corpse Flower - "Bunga Bangkai", hahaha! I thought that was funny. Well it is supposed to be smelling like rotting corpse. My nose failed me. Or, it only smells like that when it is dying. I will find out next time.
Do you see the purple seeds? Each pod (the bright blue claw-like shaped flower) contains at least 12 seeds each.
In music, in the sea, in a flower, in a leaf, in an act of kindness ... I see what people call God in all these things. (Pablo Casals)

When the sun meets the sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment