Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A&W PJ

The A&W franchise was brought into Malaysia by the Lie Boffs from USA in 1963 and in 1965 our first drive-in restaurant was born in Petaling Jaya.
This iconic place is going to be torn down to make way for modern development. Talks have been on for quite a while and I believe this year's announcement might be it. So before I never get around visiting it for the last time, I thought I better do so today.
The ever famous Rootbeer float. I remember when I was young, my parents used to take me to Taman Jaya and afterwards, it was always a A&W moment, right here in this very restaurant.
 Curly fries
 Beef chilli doggie
 YUMMMMM!!!
 Slurppppppppppppppppppp!





I find it difficult to understand why the government do not preserve iconic buildings like these. This place holds a history. This building holds beautiful memories for many families. Why can't people focus on refurbishing old buildings to make them last longer. It is never the same when you see a picture on a magazine or a history book.

No comments:

Post a Comment