Saturday, June 2, 2018

Baba Charlie

Baba Charlie House Of  Nyonya Cakes
Lorong Tengkera Pantai

Melaka Nyonya Kuih
I first visited the house. Was fascinated with the array of kuehs and pastries, and especially people working in the kitchen making kuehs. That was the first, and I hope not the last time, I got to see the variety of kuehs. It was because I was early that Saturday morning. I went before 11am. My next 2 visits were after 12 noon and the crowd was there but no more kuehs!
















Baba Charlie Cafe
Jalan Siantan

My 2nd and 3rd visit was to the cafe, which was situated across the main road. Thank goodness for this cafe. Kuehs are sold here too although not in a huge amount. The food here is fabulous. This is so far my favorite place to be whenever I am in Melaka. I actually drove here once just to eat and then drive home to PJ!!!




 Ang ku kueh
 The ondeh-ondeh here is to die for! Once in your mouth, gula melaka just spurts out from the kueh.
The nyonya laksa here is to die for, that is if you love coconut milk. The coconut milk in this dish is super potent!

 Kangkung belacan
 Itik Tim - Duck cooked with salted veggie
 
 Tai Bak dessert
 Kueh Dadar (coconut)
 Four-angled beans with belacan
Petai with squid and prawns
Baba Charlie Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment