Sunday, April 8, 2018

Mirror Lake

MIRROR LAKE IS CLOSED! A boulder fell and damaged the public platform in November 2016. Oh dear. I only knew about this lake being closed tonight when I was trying to find some historical facts about it for my blog. I was there this morning with my Hubs and there were 2 couples and a few young people with their cameras. There was no NO ENTRY signs. So I guess it is ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK. 
This was the first little lake I saw when I was walking after I parked my car. This could not be it! The pictures I saw on google were beautiful.
Walked on this road as I refused to drive on it. Not wanting to risk my tires getting stuck in the puddles.
Reached the entrance to the quarry. There was a couple who walked in so we followed.
Wondered which path to follow. There was no signs. The people in front of us have somehow disappeared from our sight!
Decided on this path.
While admiring the limestones



Reached the quarry
Walked across a small stream
Searched around and finally walked to the right and saw this tunnel.
The grand entrance!
Goodness. It was pitch black. Lucky there's light at the end of the tunnel.
WALLA! The beautiful Mirror Lake of Ipoh. The was litter everywhere and still it did not occur to me that this place has been closed to the public. There were people there while we were there so we thought nothing of big hole in the middle of the platform. Moreover, we are pretty used to beautiful places here in our country not being maintained properly and littering seemed to be a common thing people do in our country!!! When will our people start caring? The lake is dirty but still. It looked pretty despite of the murky water. I kept waiting for a crocodile to pop its head up from the water!!!




















After some fantastic shots of the view, and several mozzie bites, we decided to go. Goodness, gotta walk through that dark tunnel again. Certain spots, there was water dripping from the top.


Came out in the open....breath of relief!
Slow walk back to the car
I got this from Google Map. See... between Da Seng Ngan Temple and Mirror Lake @ Tasik Cermin, there is a small orange area. That's the quarry we walked across to reach the lake.

I am sad that this place is closed. I wish the City of Ipoh would take up this project and resurrect this place again. Make it safe. It is a great place for locals and tourists to visit. It is no doubt beautiful for photography. I read that in the past, people took their wedding photos here. And oh, this morning, there was a girl taking her graduation pictures here. It is a magnificent lake. It is Malaysia's little Guilin.

No comments:

Post a Comment