Monday, April 23, 2018

Ulu Yam

This is my 3rd time to Ulu Yam, specifically to take my sister in law to the World of Phalaenopsis. This little town never fail to surprise me. This time with super delicious herbal soup noodles and super fragrant yam noodles.
 Herbal soup noodles
 Ulu Yam is famous for its Loh Mee but I personally think other noodles are yummier!
 Yam noodles
 Look at the herbal root they used in the herbal soup. Huge.
The World of Phalaenopsis is just a beautiful place to be. My sister in law went bonkers visiting this place. She was just so excited to purchase orchids that she didn't currently have in her garden.


Hehe...I patiently waited for them here in this air conditioned cafe with my latte. Thank God for coffee!
 The Dancing Lady Orchid
 Looking from inside the cafe


 These beauties were to be packed and brought home to Kuching, Sarawak. Yayyyyy!
 Carefully packed in with cotton

Before driving back to KL, gotta enjoy more of Ulu Yam's delicious cooking. Above is a plate of stir fried wild mushrooms with ginger.
 Salted egg bittergourd
The ever-famous Coconut Prawn. This is just a fabulous dish. It somewhat tastes like Tom Yum but on a sweeter note. Most appetizing with fragrant white rice.

I don't think I will ever get bored with Ulu Yam!

No comments:

Post a Comment