Sunday, August 26, 2018

Trompe L'oeil Murals of Hanoi

I honestly don't know what this street or these murals are actually called as I believed they are not very well-knowned yet. However I was happy enough that I managed to add this street into Tripadvisor (I am an active reviewer there) so that the world can view these beautiful murals and encouraged others to review them too.

It is known as Trompe L'oeil Murals of Hanoi (in Google). "Trompe L'oeil" means visual illusion in art as in 3D art. This street art or life-size murals was a collaborative effort between Vietnam and Korea to commemorate their diplomatic relationship.

The murals start from 27 Phùng Hưng, Hàng Mã, Hoàn Kiếm and extend northward along the road until its intersection with Hàng Cót. And, they were painted on railway archers. Great site for photography!


I called this an Awesome but Gruesome street!!!!!!
Because.....right opposite these beautiful murals are stalls selling roasted doggies!!!!!!!!

Imagine my expression when I suddenly realized what the queue of people were lining up for. Waiting for their turn to purchase a packet or two of dog meat. I gathered up my courage to go nearer so that I could take come closer shots of the dogs, even though feeling nauseous. Oh yeah, I lost my appetite, at first for that whole day (or so I thought), then I noticed whenever I thought about the scene, I could not eat a single thing. I guess what I have seen, I cannot unsee. I will have to learn to deal with my thoughts.








 



 









No comments:

Post a Comment