Sunday, August 12, 2018

Hanoi Ceramic Mosaic Mural

This is the colorful 2.5 mile Hanoi Ceramic Mosaic mural wall. It was completed in 2010 for Hanoi's 1000th birthday celebration. The concept was developed by mosaic artist Nguyen Thu Thuy but it took a good 35 artists from Vietnam, 10 artists from other countries, more than 100 artisans from ceramic villages to help out and supported by 500 Vietnamese and International children and students from art colleges in Vietnam. I noticed it when we were on our way from the airport to the hotel. Hanoi is known to have one of the most chaotic traffic in the world but when I saw this wall, I made up my mind I would have to find a way to take some photos of it. Thank goodness for an overhead bridge across the super busy main road!













Address: Hồng Hà, Ấp Thạnh Vinh, Ba Đình, Ấp Thạnh Vinh Ba Đình Hà Nội, Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment