Friday, June 4, 2021

Beijing - Shichahai Hutong - Donkey Burger

Yupp, you read correctly! 

DONKEY Burger!!!

Wang Pang Zi specializes in 'donkey meat on fire' -  驴肉火烧  (lǘ ròu huǒ shāo) where they served crispy toasted flaky pockets stuffed with soft donkey meat and green peppers.

The practice of eating donkey meat hailed from Baoding and Hejian, Hebei Province.

Did you know that the official name for donkey meat is POOPY?!! 

There's a famous saying in China:
"The best meat in heaven is dragon meat; the best meat on earth is donkey meat"


This restaurant serves donkey meat in all kind of cooking styles. I was determined to try their donkey burger. Yupp, I had made up my mind that I AM EATING EEYORE!






Order a spicy Donkey Burger. LOOK AT THAT! It smelt yummy! I took a bite. OMIGOSH!!!! It was DEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!! OMG OMG OMG... I am NOT sharing! And....I need another one!




Sour Plum drink
My 2nd donkey burger, a non spicy one. Equally GOOD! 
Donkey meat is officially my favorite meat from now on!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment