Monday, June 24, 2024

百家利西菓店 Bakery Cake House

百家利西菓店 Bakery Cake House
8 Lorong Angsa
Taman Berkeley, Klang

The Chinese characters were confusing to me as it states "Baijia Lixi Fruit Store"
As I am unsure of its history, who knows, it may have started as a fruit store?

However, I was reading about its history which some bloggers had kindly written. This bakery started in 1978. Run by an elderly couple and their son.

As we visited them on a Sunday morning, coincidentally they were preparing to pack some boxes for a full moon party. Customers, were pouring into their kitchen, trying to buy what they want not really caring about what the couple was busy about that morning. The elderly couple were really patient and nice; no tempers at all. Just served the customers accordingly and as fast as they could possibly handle.

 The man told me about that full moon party boxes and said that he was afraid that when they sell, the cakes might not be enough for the boxes. I said, just take it slow. Put aside those for the boxes first. People just have to wait!!!









I was actually hunting for old school butter cream cakes. Found this bakery in Klang. Was excited to pay a visit!
FOUND THEM! Son was packing some cakes for me. 



Butter cake

Marble cake










 

No comments:

Post a Comment