Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Shanghai - Chinese New Year vibes

In search of Chinese New Year vibes in Shanghai!

I miss home a lot, obviously. 
Tried to find a feeling that's similar to home ever since 2 weekends before. Unsuccessful. Tried to fathom the reason why my country seems to celebrate CNY in a more grand scale, or so I thought. I miss the hustle bustle of the CNY spirit in markets, bazaars, night markets, and even shopping malls, back home. I miss the full-blast CNY music in the background, everywhere I go (I cannot believe I am admitting to this!) I miss the lanterns, the decor of all sorts, the cookies, the food, the snacks, the clothes, the everything that's CNY.

Shanghai is very quiet, compared to home. I even got Hubs to ask his colleagues where to go to experience CNY vibes and they seemed oblivious. So I concluded that the main focus for Chinese people here, for CNY, is to go home and be with their families. Most of them work in the city and this is the only time that they have a longer holiday to go back to their hometowns.

Someone mentioned, "Try Tianzifang or Yuyuan!" Tianzifang was so quiet that it just felt like any normal day. So, we decided to try Yuyuan. After we got out of the Yuyuan Metro Station, as we were walking towards Yuyuan, we saw these shops on our left.

OMG I was ECSTATIC!

Yes, finally! Some Chinese New Year vibes!!!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment