Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Pudu Jail Gate


There…
I stood in front of the iconic Pudu Jail gate
1895, it said
The rest torn down in 2012
Regret filled my soul
I wished 1000th time that I had flown over
To shoot memories of this historical building
Haunted it may be once upon a time
Today, I looked up and felt nothing
Walls are too white
Too new
Too unoriginal
Did you know this prison once held a world record for the longest mural wall in the world; painted by inmates then?
All gone now
I wish…


Pudu Jail Gate (November 2022)

Construction began in 1891

Built on a cemetery (Chinese burial ground)

Featured in the Guinness World Records for the longest (394 meters) mural wall, painted by the inmates

December 2012, the prison was torn down, leaving only the front gate






 

No comments:

Post a Comment