Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Kampung Baru Batu 11 Cheras

Morning market at Kampung Baru Batu 11 Cheras

This was only my 2nd time here as I consider this market pretty far away. I was here because my foodie friend recommended one Hakka kuih stall and so I specifically hunted for it. 

This market has lots of yummy food stalls and people here are nice. 

Left or right???

Okayyy, found the Hakka kuih stall. The banner, I believe, only said Homemade Kuih. This stall has a huge variety of kuihs and there’s quite a crowd around it. You have to be patient!

But, you must buy first before you walk around. In my experience, if you wait, there won’t be much left when you come back later!!!



This is a house turned into a restaurant!

There’s a bakery at the entrance where they sell Siew Pau and Egg Tarts and other pastries, baked right then and there. 
 
Inside the garage, to the right, there are a few food stalls. 

Bakery

Decided to try the chicken slices with flat noodle soup


This was ONLY RM9




Tried their Prawn noodles also

Food here is cheap and good!

Shot this old structure because I was intrigued. What was it? Residence? Cafe? Old folks home?

Visited another kuih stall to be Chai Kuih

Found some lotus roots covered in mud! Directly from China.
Not easily available in all wet markets. 


Visited my favorite Yong Tau Foo stall. Tapau-ed home for dinner. I love their filling. So I like to just get the stuffed veggies home and make my own gravy. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment