Monday, March 26, 2018

Istana Bandar

 
I'd like to introduce "Istana Bandar" to you. It is also known as Palace Alaeddin to others. It is situated in Jugra, a historical town in the Kuala Langat district.

This palace was own by the 5th Sultan of Selangor named Almarhum Sultan Sir Alaeddin Suleiman Shah Ibni Almarhum Raja Muda Musa (1898 - 1938). Sultan Alaeddin lived in this palace for 35 years until he passed away. The design of this palace is a fusion of local and colonial. If you noticed the roofs, it has a bit of the Acheh influence. This palace has 15 rooms and it is made using high quality cengal wood and marble. Therefore, it is still standing proud and firm until today. The only disappointment is that the furnishing is all gone. 

Now stands an empty lonely palace. It is ok, with my wild imagination, I was already waving my queen's wave to my people at the balcony!!!!!!!

 View from the road
This palace has 2 gates and both of them were chained when I drove by. However I still stopped to check the place out as I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally wanted to go in. Then I saw the "Open" sign. Of course I was looking here and there for a human and I found one....crouched inside the guard house. Of course I was cursing under my breath! Is this open to the public or not? If it is, then why is this place not welcoming at all. Being me...I waved and yelled at the old man. He finally saw me and I said "Are you open?"  He gruffly said "Park your car outside." "Fine," I muttered. As long as I can get into the palace, that was all I cared. Hubby registered us in the visitor's book and I was already running halfway into the palace grounds. Nobody is going to stop me now!
This is the late Sultan Alaeddin.

 The front entrance into the palace

 Palace grounds
 Inside the palace









 Kitchen


 The staircase was very narrow and steep. How small were their feet those days?

 That's the entrance to the staircase from the first floor.
 First floor



 End of palace tour
This is the Sultan Alaeddin Mosque just situated further up the road from the palace. Looked like it has a new coat of paint. It looked very smart! Built in 1932, the design of the mosque originated from the Deli Kingdom in Medan, Sumatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment