Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Suang Le River Seafood Restaurant

Last Sunday 14 July we lunched at this exotic seafood restaurant situated in Bagan Pasir, Tanjung Karang. Believe me, this place is NOT for the faint-hearted. I have never seen so much rubbish scattered everywhere before....they were by the roadside, next to the wooden houses, in the water, by the restaurant...O M G!!!

Still, being adventurous at heart, I wanted to try the cooking in this restaurant. When Waze directed me to Suang Le River Restaurant, I was looking everywhere for a "restaurant". Never did I imagine that this dilapidated wooden structure is the restaurant I was looking for. Forehead slap!

Cautiously walking in, still with disbelief, oh yeah....it is THE restaurant. There were huge basins of live seafood swimming in them. There were pools of giant fishes too. Walking further in, we came to tables and chairs, overlooking the Straits of Malacca. But, there was rubbish everywhere on land by the restaurant! Sigh....could I take it? Could I eat in this polluted place?

Stubbornly, we stayed. We ordered Kam Heong crabs, ginger fish, calamari, and sweet potato leaves. I must admit, the crabs were the BEST tasting crabs I have ever had. Calamari was wonderful too, just lightly coated with flour. Veggie was tasty and the fish was yummy. No wonder by 11.30 AM, this place was packed. There was a queue outside the restaurant too by 12 noon.




 Mantis prawns
 Fishes
 Clams
 Restaurant
 Straits of Malacca




 Low tide
 It was only 11.00 AM and the crowd started to fill this place.
 There's a little girl who went from table to table selling freshly peeled prawns.

Tea was nice. It was a mixture of Chinese tea and Chrysanthemum. You gotta go get your own hot water to mix the tea.
 Kam Heong Crabs


 Calamari

 Sweet potato leaves
 Ginger fish


 12 Noon
 The boss thought I was photographing him so he happily posed with his platter of mantis prawns!

A steamed bun seller came by with his motorbike. Within 30 minutes, all the steamed buns were sold out. He actually came by twice and customers bought the buns like there was no tomorrow.
 High tide


 A boat came by to deliver fresh seafood to the restaurant
 Rubbish





When we came out, our car was blocked by all these giants. We had to go look for some drivers to move their giants away so that I could drive out. But, just look at the crowd here. I guess, where there's good food, the crowd will be there. Rubbish did not matter to the customers!
Would we want to go back? Hell, YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment