Friday, April 21, 2023

Lemang & Rendang

Lemang & Rendang (Lemang Ijam)
Jalan Melati 1, Batu Caves

Long story here on how I found this darling lemang stall.

I was hunting for Pitcher Plant Lemang @ Lemang Periuk Kera. I searched and found some numbers to call. I called a Cik Aqma who sells her lemang at the canteen in Majlis Perbandaran Selayang. She told me she had closed for Raya already and that I could try her brother-in-law’s stall. She provided me with the location and the next day, I was here!

Aqma’s brother-in-law is Abang Man (the guy in grey shirt) but the boss is Ijam (the guy in orange) and the young lady is Ruby, Ijam’s wife. So by the grace of God, I met this friendly and kind family. 

Ijam was so nice. He chatted with me while I was waiting for the rendang to be ready. Told me about roasting the lemangs. Gotta roast for 3 hours per batch. He used Pulut Susu for the rice and banana leaves for wrapping. He doesn’t use pellets to burn but good ole wood. Then he gifted me a lemang to try! 

Boss Ijam

Abang Man


And those are my beautiful Pitcher Plant lemang steaming away!



They were working on the lemangs that people had ordered for Raya



Ruby cooking her Chicken Rendang



House on the right and stall on the left









Rendang Daging

Rendang Ayam







 

No comments:

Post a Comment