Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Starfish Sea Coconut Soup

STARFISH soup

This mixture of herbs are the YUMMIEST I have ever tasted. Because of the starfish, I just used a chicken drumstick and carrot to boil the soup so as not to interfere too much with the original concoction. 

List of herbs:
Dried starfish
Dried figs
Dried sea coconut
Dried pear
Chinese Almonds
Ba wang hua ~ night blooming Cereus flower
Goji berries
Red dates
Polygonatum odoratum - fragrant Solomon’s seal

Awesome soup! 

I can imagine how my face looked like when I first saw this at the Chinese herb soup!!!
Starfish? 
I didn’t you can cook with it? Thought it’s poisonous!
Apparently this orange species can be used to cook.

So I asked the boss of the shop what should I use to boil this. He said boil like any other soup; with my choice of chicken or pork. Only thing I had to do, he adviced, was to scrap off the tiny bits from all of the starfish’s arms. 







Washed and scraped. All ready to boil. 

Gotta photograph this bunch as much as I could!!! Love the colors so much.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment