Thursday, March 12, 2020

Ramoji Film City

Ramoji Rao, a famous Telugu film producer, built Ramoji Film City (RFC) on 2000 acres of land at Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad. RFC is the largest integrated film studio complex, recreation centre, and amusement park and rides. There are also 2 hotels in the city. 

This city encompasses huge buildings, gardens, and movie sets for filming movies. There are many locations where scenes from famous Indian films were shot here. 



First stop is the "Eureka". This is the stop where one can get to enjoy live shows and amusement rides.










This was a naughty monkey who caught my attention. It climbed up a trash pillar, knocked it down and picked the packet drinks that fell out to drink.
























A grand mythological Bhagavatham set. This artistic and colorful set was exclusively made for the shooting of the Mahabharatam series, an Indian epic. 


Old railway station





Movie posters



A replica of the Jagannath Temple of Puri 
























The Kingdom of Mahishmati 
The shooting of a movie
Film city coaches
The grand entrance of Ramoji Film City

I enjoyed this film city very much although I did not have a chance to watch any live shows or enjoy any amusement rides. The lines were too long and I wanted to see more of this film city. 
The film coaches took groups around to film locations which was exciting and interesting. However, all explanations were done in Tamil language so I did not understand anything. All I recognized were the names of Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan! Nevertheless, it was fun getting to see real film locations and props. 
I was most excited to see the movie set of Bahubali. I got the movie summary and reviews from my friends and Google, and goodness, I did not know it was such a big hit, even in foreign countries. It was the highest grossing film in India. I actually watched Bahubali 1 and 2 after I visited the movie set.  It was supposed to be the other way around but seeing that I have very little knowledge of Indian movies, I already felt grateful that I had the chance to visit a real movie set. I watched Bahubali three times


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! It seems a very beautiful place. Very nice information for traveler. I really loved reading your blog. Superb and Interesting post. Thank you for share beautiful and wonderful pictures.
    Ramoji Film City Tour Package Offers

    ReplyDelete