Monday, June 1, 2020

Cha Po Tion Seafood Restaurant

Cha Po Tion is a seafood restaurant in the midst of a fishing village in Sekinchan.  For first timers, you might drive past the small road leading to the restaurant even though there is a small signboard. It is a humble hut with a zinc roof over it. I was already impressed that they opened for business during this Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) with the proper Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for eating places required by our government. Tables were far away from each other. I noticed the max per table was 4 pax. However, people kept coming in and were willing to wait for tables. I have a feeling this place is always super crowded if it was not for CMCO. Guess we were lucky.
Steamed prawns with eggs and leeks. It looked unique. Not a familiar combination at all but it tasted amazing.




Shark soup with shark slices, bouncy fish balls, tofu, salted veggie and tomatoes.  This dish is a spicy and sour dish. Very addictive.


Spicy mixed veggie with fried fish slices.  I wanted a mixed veggie in claypot so I thought it would come with an assortment of vegetables and tofu... but this came! Super spicy too!



Teochew Png Kueh

As I was sitting down at my table, I glanced up and noticed a tray of pink kueh was carried into the kitchen. My face lit up because I loved that pink kueh. I had it first in Kuching and I fell in love with it. So my hubby asked the lady boss if she was selling the kueh. The lady boss happily agreed. She mentioned that the kuehs were homemade, Teochew style.  To my surprise, I have never tasted Teochew png kueh before because the ingredients are rich.  The kuehs were filled with glutinous rice, tausa (red bean paste),  dried prawns, mushrooms, peanuts and chinese celery.  Yummy.
It was fate, this kueh and I!!! 




Sekinchan Hai Hong Local Products
Right across the restaurant is a little shop that sells frozen seafood, dried seafood and local products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment