Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Perak - Bagan Datoh - Bagan Sungai Burung

Bagan Sungai Burung, Bagan Datoh, Perak

We had a surprise welcome by the fella crossing the road as I was driving towards our restaurant!

I was trying to figure out the difference between bagan and kampung.
In some articles, it was stated that the Chinese people lives in pekan, bagan and kampung baru whereas the Malay people lives in traditional Malay kampungs and some are also in pekan. Then I found another meaning for bagan which is quay - landing place for boats. Thus, bagan fits this place perfectly.


One of the nicest lunch we have ever had at a fishing village.
I must say I was kinda worried about the hygiene of this restaurant but the food was so delicious, I thought I would worry about anything else after lunch!!!
Boiled Octopus
Baby kailan
Deep fried Eel
Crispy and fresh
Steamed prawns

So this is Bagan Sungai Burung. It is a fishing village by the sea. We strolled by the quay and watched people cleaning fish that they had caught. The whole place looks dirty so it was shocking to me that there are restaurants here. It might be because of the convenience of getting fresh seafood and I observed that people do purposely come here for food. 










Waste

Looks like this is another point where visitors can book a boat to the sky mirror.

















How pretty!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment