Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Tin Alley Brick Art

Tin Alley Brick Art Wall 
by Yuk Choy High School Students
completed in November 2022.

Took me forever to figure out where this wall is!

Saw some photos posted in FB but no street names. I could not even see a shop name to google. All I saw was what I thought was the bridge that connected New Town and Old Town. 

Yupp, I was right. It is Ipoh town’s main road Hugh Low Street. Today, it’s known as Jalan Sultan Iskandar. 

This wall is the wall of Jalan Sultan Iskandar bridge but along Tin Alley. 

The bricks were supposedly a century old, salvaged from the demolition of an old shophouse. The students and teachers took them as a art project and gave each brick a new face, featuring Ipoh famous landmarks. 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment