Thursday, January 4, 2024

TTDI Market

A day at Pasar Awam TTDI

Saw this kopitiam in TT. Decided to try their famous Pan Mee. That gave me a reason to explore TTDI market. 

Not the usual Pan Mee that I love but this, I considered pretty tasty. Still, it’s not real Pan Mee without Sayur Manis!!!!


Pan Mee Soup… weird looking but Hubs said it was pretty good. 


As Hubs was buying some veggies, I was practicing on my photography! Veggies here looked awesome.

TTDI market was not as I had expected. It was not a bustling market. Not all stalls were occupied. But, enough stalls opened to keep the community happy, I assumed. 

I was happy with the market. It’s clean, spacious and people were friendly. There were enough stalls selling veggies. The Chinese New Year cookies are slowly coming out already. There were sections selling chicken, seafood, beef and even mutton. Heavenly!







Ida and Kak Wiya at Lizar Chili CurrySpices

Thennnnn, I came across this wonderful spice stall. O M G it smelt soooooo nice. Stopped to have a 2nd look and there were tubs of freshly ground onions and garlic and OMG you name it, they’ve got it. 

Ida said to me, what do you want to cook tell me and I’ll pack the spices for you!!! You just go home and cook! Oh my… I was like… I WANT! I WANT!

So I ordered for a Rendang set and a Curry set. 



Here’s Ida packing my Rendang set for me!


Rendang

Curry

Then I went to get some beef. Goodness, the boys were so friendly. They even diced up my beef for me!

This market is going to be my best friend!!!

Went upstairs to get an Apam to munch on.


Brown Sugar Apam










 

No comments:

Post a Comment