Friday, February 16, 2024

Kwong Ngai @ KL East Mall

Kwong Ngai @ KL East Mall
16 Feb 2024 

This was one very confused mall. I usually go to the concierge to confirm time and place whenever I arrived at a mall for a lion dance performance. This was the first mall I asked and they knew nothing! Although time was already written black and white in social media AND on the big board placed IN FRONT of the concierge. Still, I got a “I don’t know” reply. 

So I decided to wait a bit. It was 11.45AM and it was supposed to be a 12noon acrobatic performance. A liondance troop usually needs half an hour to set the stilts up and do a quick test jump. Almost before 12noon I saw a well dressed management walking briskly to the main entrance. So I guessed there would be a performance after all.  

Kwong Ngai’s troop appeared in their truck and they started setting up, on the main entrance, on the driveway. I was overjoyed to finally see a Blue colored lion!

Drum performance started at 12.30pm followed by the acrobatic lion dance AND firecrackers were set off at the entrance. 

Thank goodness my rush over from Petaling Street to KL East Mall wasn’t wasted after all. 



















Kissing lions
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment