Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bleeding Heart Vine

The bleeding heart vine, a symbol of undying love. It enjoys the summer sun although it grows well under the shade as well. Loves water...as though it has to cleanse itself from a broken heart. Its stunning masses of red and white blossoms will steal anyone's heart. I think it's a very romantic flower. I always look forward to seeing new blooms in my garden.

The story of the bleeding heart:
Once, a prince loved a princess who took no notice of him. To try and get the princess's attention and to prove his love for her, he brought her exquisite and amazing gifts from all over the world. One day he came across two magical pink bunnies and offered them both to the princess. The princess was unmoved by the rabbits so, he tried again and presented her with beautiful earrings. Still, the princess paid him no attention. The prince was so distraught over being spurned that he took a dagger and stabbed himself straight into the centre of his heart. The princess, realizing too late that she did love the prince, cried out, "My heart shall bleed for my prince forever more!" and her heart bleeds to this day.

Words cant sum up the way I feel...
But these feelings are definitely real...
I'm here to give you my undying love...
Soaring high like a loyal dove.

My thoughts...

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
(Khalil Gibran)

Yes, love hurts...sometimes...unfortunately. Life is complicated enough and yet, we always find ourselves in pain because of love. Hence...the bleeding heart.
Thinking back...my first love :)
We were so young. Still, he captured my heart. He was romantic in his own way. I remembered one evening, he cycled to my house, battled with traffic, just to pass me a small bottle of perfume. My birthday gift! No doubt it was puppy love, but it was the kinda love that stayed with me until this very day. I will never forget that heart-breaking phone call. He had to move away to another country. That stab was intense. I knew I was never going to see him again. All hopes disappeared. My world became lonely...

1 comment: