Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lotus - The Miracle of Life

I have always admired the Lotus flower. It grows from muddy waters and rises to the surface to bloom with remarkable beauty. To me, it represents all our lives. We face ups and downs in our daily struggles. We learn from our mistakes, get back on our feet and continue learning & growing, hopefully to become better beings. *Grin*...got a dainty lotus tattooed on my back as an inspiration for me to live my life as best as I can...and as a constant reminder that no matter what struggles we have to face, when there is a will, there is always a way out!

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail better! (Samuel Beckett)

The above is one of my favourite quotes from a very famous Irish writer, dramatist & poet. I remind myself daily that nothing is that bad that we have to end it all ourselves. We should be in control of our attitudes. We have a choice. We can choose how to react to ALL situations. Do we want to be positive or negative? Do we choose happiness or bitterness? It's all up to us.
The Lotus flower is one of the most ancient and deepest symbol on mother earth. It symbolizes purity and great beauty. In the Egyptian mythology, this beauty represents the sun, creation and rebirth.
If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom? (Khalil Gibran)

The Lotus's stalk looks easy to bend in two but it is very hard to break because of its many strong sinuous fibres. This shows that we are actually tougher than we look. If we have the right frame of mind and attitude, we should be able to face our battles. Moreover, anger and bitterness is never the answer. Not only it's never-ending but it never solves anything.
Hatred goes on....

Bright blooms from murky darkness....now that's a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Lotus is one of the most beautiful flowers in the world....it has a wonderful charisma and reminds me always about the mystery of the Far East...

    ReplyDelete