Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow

The fascinating Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow spring flower...opening first to a beautiful deep purple (yesterday), then turning pale lavender (today) and finally white (tomorrow). Loves the sun. Crazily thirsty all the time! These dainty pansy-like flowers are simply beautiful and fragrant. However....
Cherish yesterday, with all its mistakes, faults and blunders. I always believe that everything happened for a reason. It's to open our eyes, our mind and our souls. So that when we look back, we are able to smile and view it from a more matured point of view. It may be poison at that time but we never know what the future hold for us. It may be little blessings in disguise.

I am tomorrow what I established today. I am today what I established yesterday. (James Joyce)
Live today. We should wake up and be grateful for a new beginning. We should celebrate our accomplishments, blessings, and even hardships that we had conquered for they sure made us stronger. Today is what counts. Don't think. Don't worry. Do something wild. Do something that make you happy, for once. Dance in the rain. Notice a flower blooming. Hug your Mom. Kiss your doggie! SMILE :)

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. (William Wallace)
Dream tomorrow. Tomorrow is a hopeful promise. Full of uncertainty. Beyond our control. We must have faith and believe in ourselves that whatever we have planned will be smooth-sailing. And if it doesn't...well...there must be a good reason for that not to happen. Then it is up to us again...to go on living...

In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. (Robert Frost)
Life for me...
It has been a fantastic journey. And I truly believe there are many many more blessings in store for me. I was born into a small loving family. Dad made sure our family was well-provided. We had a roof over our heads, a car, food (at times, burgers, yum!) and a black & white TV!!! Oh yeah...still remember watching Flintstones in black and white! Made it through high school. Insisted on going overseas to study with the reason that I needed to see the world. Worked my way through college. Things didn't go as I had planned and so I found myself back home after 5 years. Slowly adjusted. Worked. Married. Very thankful for the life I live today. I am back at school, yuppp.....again :) Love the experience. I always kept Frost's quote in my heart...that whatever happens, life has to go on. So I choose to go on living with a happy heart. Takes whatever that comes my way with a positive note, or at least try to. For however bad it appears to be, it will pass. I am especially grateful to the friends who came into my life, near and afar. When I find a faithful friend, I find treasure....


2 comments:

  1. Brunfelsia is an incredibly beautiful flower. Here in Denmark it is called Raintree .... Unfortunately it can't grow outside in our gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is that? Weather? Soil? U could try and grow it indoors.

    ReplyDelete