Friday, December 11, 2009

Astilbe - Feather Flower

What a drop-dead gorgeous red colour!

I am a feather for each wind that blows. (William Shakespeare)


This fiery red flower carries the meaning of..."I'll still be waiting".

It was a cold winter's night...
Awaiting for my love to arrive for a night of fine wine...
All dressed in shimmering red...
Minutes passed; candles losing hope...
The phone rings...
Tears falling down my cheeks...
With his goodbye, he has taken my heart with him...
But I will be forever waiting....

I love the carefree-ness of this flower. Love how it sways in the wind. Love the way it enjoys the sun so much. Love how it attracts people with its rich red colour. I think this flower is perfect for Christmas. Something unique and so amazing.


Your lips betray secrets to your soul....

The colour red always brings me back to a very fond memory; my first kiss under the mistletoe. There was a Madrigal dinner concert near to Christmas and I was excited. Medieval times fascinated me; always have and always will. Having a Renaissance feast and being entertained by "naughty" jesters...well...let's just, a dream came true for me.
The night came and I was dressed in red. My date and I met our friends at the banquet hall. We were sitted by the jesters and waited patiently for the rest of the dinner guests to arrive. The banquet hall was so richly decorated as if we were in an old castle. As I was admiring the ceiling draperies and coloured banners....I saw him...
He was my senior. A Political Science major; smart guy and very very handsome.
I put my hand on my friend's arm and she looked at where my eyes were staring. She chuckled and said loudly "Ohhh, our Joann has a new focus for this evening!" Haha...I didn't even remember what they served us for dinner...some wild rice and pudding I guessed. Although I enjoyed the music throughout the dinner, I glanced at him from time to time. Oh yeah....I was a hopeless case alright!! Guess my friends couldn't take it anymore and so without my knowledge, they had arranged something with the jesters. Right after dessert, a jester came over to my chair, took my hand and said, "Come on, we need you to do something for us." I thought to myself, "I am so dead". The jester walked me over to his table and my heart stopped. Holding my breath...the jester said to him, "We command you to kiss this young lady under the mistletoe!" I looked at the jester and almost burst out laughing; he was holding a mistletoe high above my head, hahaha! My guy was a gentleman. He stood up, smiled at me, said "Hi Joann, so nice to see you here tonight" and then said, "I better do as I am told; not looking forward to any punishment on this beautiful night". Held me close and....

'Twas not my lips you kissed...but my soul (Judy Garland)



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry... hehe gross spelling mistake ^^
    as i was saying... sweet memories!! ^^

    ReplyDelete