Monday, December 7, 2009

Rose - The Flower of Love II


I am all smiles whenever I see a rosebud taking its own sweet time growing into a full-blown rose. Even though I am not a particular fan of red roses, a rosebud (whatever colour) will always stop my tracks and get my attention. How can you not notice it? So young. So beautiful. It seemed so full of hopes and dreams and sweet love....
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring. (Oscar Wilde)

What do we do without love in our lives? I don't think I will be able to survive the loneliness. No loving arms to hold me. No kisses awaiting me. Heart slowly dying...

(Laughing)...I remember a guy in college, a very sweet guy whom I dated for a short period of time. We met while I was working at the cafetaria. He would come in every day, patiently waiting for me to serve him. My usual "Hi, how are you doing?" always made him smile. I had to clear the tables after my serving duties and we always ended up chatting for a while. Pretty soon, he would turn up miraculously....just when I was about to walk home! He was such a gentleman and a very pleasant person to be with. Come Valentine's Day and I was expecting roses from him, haha...roses were selling like hot cakes around campus! I wasn't working on that day but I had a call from my boss asking me to see him at the cafetaria. So after class, I walked to the cafetaria and waved at my boss....he signaled me to wait for him at one of the tables outside the cafetaria. I nodded and sat down. Was feeling quite anxious as I had no clue what he was up to. I thought I was going to be fired. 15 mins later it felt like I was sitting on eggshells....arrgghhhh I hated to wait. So I took out a book to read, trying to remain calm. Before I could start reading, a stranger (guy) came up to me, dressed in a tux. He stood at the end of my table and started singing aloud!!! Every one turned around and stared. I was gawking!!! What in the world.....? Gosh, I don't even remember what was the song he sang; I think it was a love song. I was too dumbfounded to pay attention. I saw my boss and my fellow cafetaria workers laughing behind the counter and in my heart, I thought they had played a trick on me. As this stranger sang, my head was working out a plan for revenge! When he finished singing, he came over and said softly, "Sorry, your boyfriend paid me to sing for you. Hope you liked the song"... and he left. I covered my face with my palms and then I heard a cheery "Hi". The rest...as they say...was history :)

Sweet sweet love...

In the end it is doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away. (Anonymous)


2 comments:

  1. oh Jo!!! such a romantic story!!! to be serenaded on Valentine's Day!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes...embarrassing at that time...but now looking back...it was a very sweet thought :)

    ReplyDelete