Tuesday, October 2, 2018

My Scariest Drive

Was bored on a Sunday. Decided to visit small towns nearby in Pahang. Looked at the map and decided to pay a visit to Karak, Lanchang, Mentakab and Teriang.... then home.
 
Karak was our first stop. Loved the quiet little town and Yik Kee had some fantastic food waiting for us.
Karak town

 
With full tummies, drove to Lanchang and stopped by for coffee. Lanchang is a lot smaller.

This is Mentakab. Can you believe it was once a Federal constituency in 1984?

 
Mentakab's historical ole iron railway bridge. Will tell you more on another blog entry just for this bridge!

It was mentioned in some newspaper reports that people come here to do wedding shoots. Guess we better get our shot since we are here!!!
We reached the Bera territory and stopped by to take some pictures.
A house in the river.
Decided to take a detour to Bera Lake which was about 45 mins from Bandar Bera. That was another adventure so storytelling will resume later!!!
Isn't Bera Lake beautiful and serene?
Finally reached Teriang. Found this place and it was supposed to be famous for its Hokkien Mee. 
Fried rice
Hokkien Mee. It looks ugly and it is not with the original fat noodle, but it tasted great. Hokkien mee is quite unique when it comes to taste. My complaints about this dish in this restaurant: sauce not dark enough and most important, no small pieces of lard!!!
Steamed pork belly
Okay, this is my scariest drive right here. It was 5-ish in the evening after our dinner. I just clicked on my Waze and out of habit, I did not check the route back home. I assumed it was taking us back via the highway. Nope. It has its own mind. I drove southwards but when I realized I was going through the forest, it was a bit too late already. I had only 3/4 quarter tank of gas. I drove miles and miles and miles in the forest. I never prayed so hard in my life.... for a gas station. It started to get dark. Not long after, raindrops fell on my windscreen. Goodness. No street lights. The road was windy and it was up and down and up and down hilly roads. I noticed signs of borders which I had drove passed. THENNNNN I saw Cheras Road on my Waze! Is this KL's Cheras? YESSSSSS it was. I almost kissed Petronas when I saw it. My gas tank was almost done and out. I was just in a nick of time. Phewwwwwwwwwww! Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment