Saturday, December 2, 2023

Asia Creators Fest 2023

GMBB KL


ACF 2023 at GMBB KL

WE ARE HERE!

I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!

I am here to meet Kenji Chai. I didn’t dare to have expectations because many a times, exhibitions are done up before doors are open to the public. I did message him to ask if he would be there and he was kind enough to reply me. 

So, I was excited! Hoping to have a photo taken with Kenji.

In addition, I am most unfamiliar with this unique community so I am here to learn. Growing up, I was a Disney gal. I was an Enid Blyton book nerd. Comics? Yeah Archies and Richie Rich. That’s it!

Here in ACF we have artists from all over Asia. Goodness! Lots to appreciate and learn about. So much talent, passion and love for art. 

First character I searched for was my beloved Chaigo!

There’s Kenji Chai.

Wait, there's Hariken from Japan too! Oh WOW, I didn’t know he was here too. Now, I am SUPER EXCITED. If I get to meet 2 International artists in one day… I would jump over the moon, in my dreams tonight!!!

And we are in!!!









Kenji’s space was next to the main entrance. 
Hubs said, “Hey I saw him!”
Whereeeeeeeee?

I was like OMG OMG OMG Kenji is here!!!!!








My favorite shot of us chatting! 🤣
Weren’t we cool looking?!?!
It was really really REALLY nice to meet him, finally.

He told me that a giant Chaigo was coming in the afternoon; it got delayed. So I was ready to wait. 



Giant Chaigo arrived at 4PM, much to my happiness!




Next was the hunt for Hariken’s space. He got a corner lot which was cool. 

A funny story to share…

One of the services Hariken offered, other than selling his toys, was to draw cartoons of people with their favorite Hariken character. I asked for that and my heart dropped when he said, "Not today because I had forgotten to bring my art materials. Tomorrow."

I was like, " Is your hotel near? Can you go get them? I'll wait!"

He was so nice. He said, "OK I will buy sketching paper!"

And so we waited for him.

I did not dare dream that I would see the ever - talented Hariken draw a cartoon portrait of me and Hubs, colored and signed. But here he is drawing for us. Took him only 10 mins to complete his work. Wowwww, I got myself an original drawn cartoon by Hariken from Japan. I was beyond words; feeling extremely grateful for this grand opportunity. 






Tofu the Unicorn Cat




Creator of Tofu

Urban Creatures are from Penang. They specialize in motion graphics and visual arts. Pretty cool creations here. They even have tshirts with designs that moves when scanned. 








Interesting team here!


They showed me how to scan a qr code and then place it on top of this picture…. Walla! A tiger jumped out!!!!


Buttman






That’s Buttman carrying Planet Uranus!!!

Suf Bansen, the creator of Buttman. A very interesting chap to chat with. Full of laughter and jokes. 
I was not convince Buttman is an alien because of his overloaded cuteness. Suf did a great job drawing him. 
Suf is a local artist. 

CS Toys








































All in all, it was a great experience for me; a huge eye opener of what kids are into nowadays. None of the cartoons or toys were familiar to me 🫣
I appreciated designers / creators who were willing to chat with us; eagerly telling us about their creation and products. Some took a look at us and did not bother to say hello. Some were not present so we get to stroll in and look at their lovely products. 

Most importantly for me, my 2 International artists treated us very well. That already made my day and hours worth waiting. Made some new friends as well so it was all good for us. 

If ACF is an annual affair, count me in! 😍











 

No comments:

Post a Comment