Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Bun Ca Huong Thuy



The difficulty in eating like the locals do is the language. You gotta know how to differentiate at least chicken and beef! Most of them do not speak English, not a word. They would look at you funny. They try very hard though to find out what you want but it complicated and can be hilarious.
Tonight we wanted to try Hanoi's famous fish noodles with giant crispy fish head. I was praying that there's some pictures for me to point to order. The boy who saw me first already knew I was not local. He said something to the lady boss and she came out to help. She pointed to the table next to us and I took a look at what they were eating. The 2 ladies too pointed at their bowl and gave me a thumbs up. I nodded my head, gave her a big smile and pointed to Nicole and I...meaning 2 people. Then prayed for the best!!!!!!!
Finally, lady boss brought a huge bowl of greens and salad and vermicelli. Underneath those greens (water celery) was a huge fried fish head, fried fish chunks, fish cakes, fish intestines (lady boss added those and showed me thumbs up.) Sure, I'll try, no problem. She was kind too. Kept coming to our table to see if we were alright. Even brought scissors to cut our noodles. Even the boy came by a couple of times to check on us. Wow, great service!

DANGGGG! Dinner was DELICIOUS










 

No comments:

Post a Comment