Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Hanoi Day 2

After a lousy breakfast at the hotel, we started walking. This time we tried walking to the left from the hotel. Turned out to be a surprising day after all.




This wall has been maintained pretty well. 











I still remember these stalls selling roasted doggies from my last trip. This time there were more of these stalls, all around the same spot. 

I so wished I could speak Vietnamese or have a local by my side. There’s so many questions I want to ask the sellers. Are these dogs strays? Who eat these? Why? Are these sold only in the winter or whole year round? Why are the dogs roasted as a whole? Why aren’t they chopped off before selling?

I am VERY confused because a LOT of locals have pet dogs. When I walk around, these pet dogs are usually fat and wearing sweaters! Means, they are loved. Yet ….

I could bring myself to go near. Moreover, I can’t speak Vietnamese, it would be just annoying. I took the pictures from across the street, just like the last time. 













Hanoi Train Street

From Train Street, we continued walking to the left and across a little lorong. Plenty of pretty cafes here. 

A lady carrying dried prawns

Fruits

Salute! Such a heavy thing to carry all over just to make a buck or 2.

Monastery for nuns



Opposite the monastery is this little park. Think that’s a library. Nope, it’s an arboretum!

Walked some more and ended up walking towards a shopping area.

St. Joseph’s Cathedral


Turn left from church and we ended up on more shopping!



Had a yummy meal here. 


Beautiful. Had to chase after the flowers!










11.55AM reached the lake!

Thought this gloomy weather is perfect for the Hop On Hop Off Bus.
Let’s go for a ride!!!






Hanoi Ceramic Mosaic Wall Road


Quan Tanh Temple



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment