Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Haji Shariff Cendol

 

Cendol Biasa RM2.50

This family business was started Abdullah Mohammad Ibrahim in the 1930s who had arrived in Malaya, learnt this trade from the Javanese people and started selling cendol from bamboo baskets handing on a kandar stick.

27 years later, his son, Mohammad Shariff came to Malaya, picked up the skills and continued the business from a pushcart located at Carew Street (Jalan Dr Krishnan) in 1960.

Today, Haji Shariff Cendol is located at a attractive green corner shophouse at the intersection of Jalan Nunis and Jalan Yam Tuan.

Here's the queue at 2PM. I thought it was after lunch time but I guess cendol and rojak could be eaten any time of the day and however many times one likes!

It's just weird to see that a customer is expected to queue to order drinks and cendol AND TO CARRY them to a table by yourself... when there are many waiters walking around. I think they are there to clear tables as fast as they could. Even for Rojak and Nasi Lemak, it is Self Service. You order and you take it to your table.

I didn't take many photos this time as I was starving and it was just too crowded. Hopefully another time I can take some decent photos of the shop. There's a brief history on the wall with some photos as well.

We didn't know about this Seremban landmark until the boss from the biscuit shop (located a few shops away on the same row) we were visiting mentioned. I had asked him where to eat as I was so hungry. He said go try the corner shop, it's famous in Seremban.



Get our own food!

Mee Rojak and Cendol

Mee Rojak RM6.00

Mee Rojak was too spicy for me!


Nasi Lemak RM2.00





No comments:

Post a Comment