Monday, October 2, 2023

Tugu Negara

Tugu Negara Malaysia

National War Memorial Malaysia

Paying tribute to soldiers who have died fighting in the Japanese Occupation during World War II and the Malayan Emergency Period from 1948 to 1960.


I cannot believe I had missed out in writing about Tugu Negara all these years! Well, it is a place I really like to visit although there's nothing much around here, just the monument. It is serene.

When I first moved to live in Kuala Lumpur, this was the first place I visited. I wanted to see for myself how Tugu Negara looked like for real. I visited Tugu when I was little; I could not remember the monument at all, only what I saw in the photo.



When Nicole came back for holidays, I took her here. It is lovely to see the monument rather than in the history book!


1 October 2023
This place is under renovation. Looks like they are replacing the tiles on the ground. We walked down from Taman Tugu and could not walk to the front of the monument; was closed off. So could only take a picture from the back. 


















See the Star Knobs missing! Were they stolen?


Then, miraculously, only NOW I noticed the Taman Tugu Plaza 🤦🏼‍♀️ Read reviews that people have been coming here for picnics a good 30 years already. How did I not see this little park?  
I guess it was because we walked from Taman Tugu downhill towards Tugu Negara and only then we saw the park. In the past, we just drove straight to the monument!

There’s a couple of convenient stores opened and toilets. There’s sculptures in this park and very shady with lots of trees and huge beautiful water lilies in the ponds around. 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment