Sunday, October 15, 2023

Masjid Sri Sendayan

Masjid Sri Sendayan, Negeri Sembilan
(Sri Sendayan Mosque)

The elegant and Islamic architecture was the creative work of Zailan Yusop. Materials were flown in from Egypt, Turkey, Dubai and Morocco. 
This mosque was donated by RHB Group founder Tan Sri Abd Rashid Hussain. 
Completed in 2019, this mosque can house about 4600 people; main prayer hall can accommodate 3000 people, 2nd prayer hall and the women’s prayer hall can accommodate 800 each. 

Known as The Malaysian Taj Mahal to some, it certainly reminds me of Hyberabad.
Simply beautiful.

It was a huge WOWWWW when I drove into the driveway. 
Immediately, I thought of Hyderabad. 





Main prayer hall




This is a beautiful place to hold a wedding. Today, there was one wedding ceremony. The mosque personnel said sometimes there can be up to 5 weddings a day!












I was sooooo happy to be allowed to enter the main prayer hall. The mosque personnel gave me a robe to wear and I was allowed to take however many photos and videos I liked. This hall can accommodate 3000 people. There’s a smaller hall before this and a women’s hall upstairs. 




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment