Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Bến Thành Market


Bến Thành Market

 Chợ Bến Thành

The original market started in the 17th century. Today it is one of the main tourist destinations in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. It is huge but pretty well organized in sections. There's a section for clothes, bags, shoes, coffee, fruits, fresh produce, souvenirs and FOOD! However the walkways are narrow and you are bound to bump into people, or vice versa.

I totally detest this market. I love the products they have there BUT the sellers will come to you and touch you even if you politely ask them not to. They would touch you, hold your arm, pull you....ARRGGHHHHH! I hate that very much. 

I really tried to tolerate. I stayed for a meal and dessert. Even that, the sellers would come up to you and shove their menus to your face, expecting you to order immediately. All enthusiasm to shop disappeared almost immediately. All I wanted was to get out of there. 
We did!

I NEVER WANNA COME BACK to Ben Thanh Market ever again!

Ben Thanh started in 17th century as a trading market. People would travel along the Saigon River to bring goods to the city people. It had been rebuilt many times and this current building was opened in 1914.












Kinda like the Malaysian Cendol but this one has no taste. No gula melaka here!



Shrimp rice rolls




Beef Pho



Snake Wine


 

No comments:

Post a Comment