Monday, October 9, 2023

Restoran Pan Heong

This restaurant is located just before Batu Caves, first turning to the left. My first time driving around that area and oh my, there’s so many shops and a huge school too. 

Reached here about 9+ AM and shop was already 3/4 filled up. Wow! Food must be good!

They specialized in Porridge and Wat Tan Hor. As I’m not into porridge much, I ordered Wat Tan Hor and Mee Goreng and their wonderful looking Lychee Shrimp Balls.






Lychee Shrimp Balls

No lychee inside. Just balls that looked like lychee! Very nicely done. Crispy and filled with shrimp. 


Their famous Wat Tan Hor

Noodles in egg sauce. Hmmmmm, did not look impressive to me. Sauce looked too thick. Not many ingredients too, just few pieces of greens and sotong but lots of fish cake. 
Taste? So So. I make better Wat Tan Hor!!!


Mee Goreng

A dish I have noticed many people had ordered so I wanted to try too. Hmmmm, it is a No No for me. I tasted ketchup and I hate ketchup in my noodles. Mee goreng has got to be kicap based then it is good to me. 


Seems like many artists and big shots have visited this place, based on the photos on the wall.


There’s robots serving too when it gets too busy!

People must love this restaurant cos by 10AM there’s a queue outside the shop already. Most people order porridge. To me, that’s a waste. To pay for porridge outside is not worth it to me. I guess my favorite food here were the Shrimp Balls!






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment